Friday, December 27, 2019
Our latest video "UKRAINIAN FOOD TOUR: EAST VILLAGE, NYC" is live on our jamesandkarla Youtube channel!
In this Ukrainian Food Tour of the East Village in #NYC we visit some long-standing Ukrainian food businesses and enjoy some iconic #Ukrainian dishes including varenyky (pierogi), kielbasa and borscht! We also reflect upon a few Ukrainian-owned food businesses which have sadly disappeared due to gentrification.
Places we visit include:
1. Veselka: 144 Second Avenue at East 9th Street
2. East Village Meat Market: 139 Second Avenue near East 9th Street
3. Second Avenue Deli (original location): Second Avenue at East 10th Street
4. Stage Restaurant (former home): Second Avenue near St. Mark's Place
5. The Ukrainian Museum: 222 East 6th Street near Second Avenue
Our rescue dog, Hudson comes along with us and we even get him a slice of kielbasa.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WATCHING! We would love for you to subscribe to our channel and hit the thumbs up and notification bell and please SHARE if you enjoy the video.
We will be posting new videos EVERY FRIDAY highlighting unique small businesses in New York City.
SUBSCRIBE TO NEVER MISS AN EPISODE: https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesandKarla