Monday, October 22, 2018

FURSI RAVIOLI in Ozone Park, Queens was founded by Carmine Furci over 45 years ago.

When we photographed the #storefront in 2012 for our book “Store Front II-A History Preserved” we interviewed the current owner, Abe. He told us, “I began working here for the second owner, over 20 years ago and learned all of the original recipes that were handed down from Mr. Furci. This used to be a very large 🇮🇹 Italian neighborhood but now the area has really changed and many other nationalities have moved in. We still have a lot of old Italian customers who have been shopping here for years and no longer live in the neighborhood but return here just to buy our homemade ravioli and fresh-baked prosciutto bread.” We not only lived its ravioli but also its vintage #signage.


2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I miss this place. Best Italian place in Queens and I wish I had the Prosciutto Bread recipe because there's no other like it. If anyone has I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can still get it if you want to take a ride. Furci Fine Foods
    (631) 419-0400
    https://goo.gl/maps/qTxr5TUN1AxxzFf9A

    ReplyDelete