Saturday, February 1, 2020
Our latest video "MIAMI TASTE OF CUBA: FOOD & CULTURE" is now live on our Youtube channel!
In this MIAMI TASTE OF CUBA: FOOD & CULTURE tour, we visit the Little Havana neighborhood of #Miami and stop in many historic shops with ties to #Cuba and have delicious #Cubanfood and coffee and watch hand-rolled Cuban cigars being made.
We also speak and walk around the neighborhood with Miami native, Marvin Tapia @mrmiamimarvin, a community organizer for Viernes Culturales, who works to preserve Latin Art & Culture in Little Havana with festivals along Calle Ocho (Sw 8th Street) the third Friday of every month.
Not only do we eat delicious Cuban food on this food tour but we also visit Hispanic cultural landmarks including the Calle Ocho Walk of Fame and Domino Park and have a chance to meet and speak with Cuban exiles and activists including Brigid Baker, a choreographer and owner of 6th Street Dance studio, which offers free workshops, lectures and community programming.
Places we visit in the Little Havana neighborhood of Miami, Florida include:
1. Los Pinareños Fruteria: 1334 SW 8th Street Miami, Fl
2. Havana Classic Cigar: 1419 SW 8th Street Miami, Fl
3. La Esquina De La Fama: 1388 SW 8th Street Miami, Fl
4. Maximo Gomez Park: 801 SW 15th Avenue Miami, FL
5. Francisco Cazañas (El Manicero): Peanut Vendor on Calle Ocho
6. Calle Ocho Walk of Fame: SW 8th St. between 12th & 17th Ave.
7. La Camaronera 1952 W. Flagler Street Miami, Fl
8. 6th Street Dance Studio 1155 SW 6th Street Miami, Fl
Our rescue dog, Hudson comes along with us as we travel around Miami sampling food and even gets some freshly roasted peanuts from the El Manicero!
Many thanks to Marvin Tapia who you can follow on Instagram @mrmiamimarvin
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WATCHING! We would love for you to subscribe to our channel and hit the thumbs up and notification bell and please SHARE if you enjoy the video.
We will be posting new videos EVERY WEEK highlighting unique small businesses in New York City.
SUBSCRIBE TO NEVER MISS AN EPISODE: https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesandKarla